Ever lose your groove, feel sorry for yourself, get down in the dumps, feel a little worthless? That's where I've been. I didn't have any motivation for anything. I'm starting to bounce back, a little every day, looking for the positive in everything. So, I've been talking some pictures during my absence. I figured it was the easiest way to catch up, right? The lost days kinda meld together, just know these were all taken since my last post on September 25th. This post may be a little lengthy, so hang on here we go!
You know my battle chasing the trash can each trash day after they've slung our can somewhere near our driveway. The trash gets put the curb in time for Mondays and Thursdays pickups, right next to the mailbox. There use to be two guys - one to drive the truck, the other guy loads the trash can onto this fork thingy that lifts the can into the back of the truck and dumps out the trash, then the can comes back to street level and is removed from the fork thingy by the second guy and placed somewhere near our driveway. For the past several weeks, there has only been the driver and the fork thingy, now operated by the driver. Cutbacks, another sign of the times, I guess. Last week, the driver dragged our trash can several feet before releasing it. Do you think he needs more practice?
Up until last week, it rained most of the month of September. Only a few trees here and there are starting to turn colors. Here is one near our driveway I noticed is taking on "the change" for fall.
I'm pretty sure we have three pesky chipmunks who keep tearing up our gardens and lawn with their burrowing, there are holes everywhere. I've fondly named them Chippy, Skippy & Dippy. John believes there is only one. I've seen them chase each other, too fast for a picture of course. John has had it with the holes and destruction, so he set out his traps and has put peanuts in as his bait. Those rascals have figured out how to get the peanuts without tripping his trap <giggle>. John is frustrated, he put the traps away (since he claims they don't work).
We've been having great weather, cool mornings, low humidity and temps in the low-mid 70s, almost an Indian Summer. I haven't got back to walking yet, but it is in my plan. I twisted my knee in the shower last week when the bath mat slipped as I stepped on it get in the shower. I caught myself, I didn't fall, my knee has been sore to stand on. It's feeling better each day. I can't stand on it for long periods of time yet. It is so nice to have the sun back! I hope it stays around for awhile.
I've been sticking with my weekly grocery shopping. Although, last week, I went and filled my gas tank since the price has dropped ($3.40/gal regular gas). I also got my last pedicure of the year. My toenails were beginning to feel like claws, lol.
Across from the nail place is a Starbucks, where folks hang out at outside tables when the weather is good. Since the bank left, Starbucks has a drive up window now open for coffee pickup too for those who are always on the run.
John has been keeping up with his lawn obsession, twice weekly it seems (sometimes). It does look nice and green after all that rain, don't you think?
This brings us to today. I got up and saw how beautiful and warm it was going to be. The tomato garden has been waving at me to get cleaned up for winter. I finally decided to tackle it, I'm glad I did. Here is my before picture.
Here is the after picture. It took me about 45 minutes. The good news is that I feel good that this is DONE! I still have have the hostas to cut back and other garden plants, one day at a time.
The yard debris (dead tomato vines and John's grass clippings) is ready to be put to the curb for pickup on Wednesday.
I also got laundry done and a little vacuuming squeezed in. The feeling of accomplishment is just what I needed today.















5 comments:
Boy, do I know about feeling down and not wanting to do anything. I have felt that was for the last year or so, but I think I am pulling out of it, too. I am knitting again and getting stuff done around the house. These feelings pass. We just have to remind ourselves of that.
Glad you posted something.
To answer your questions in the first lines of your blog --- oh hell yeah! All the time...but like you, I ease myself back out of it.
We are women...we are allowed to feel that way from time to time. Plus, you have reasons to feel like that - an uphill battle with a job search...and like the rest of us, many other things that we don't even write about. But you are proactive at handling it, and that's awesome.
Keep your chin up. All things get better, often they work themselves out, after we have worried and fretted over them.
Big hugs, friend. :)
Sorry you have been in a bit of a slump.
You need to get back to your walking!! : )
Great catch-up blog. I know the feeling too. I wonder what makes us all of a sudden become un-everything? The good news is that it usually passes. I need to get motivated and do some clean-up around here. The feeling of accomplishment is a great one.
Yes, sometimes the doing of a thing, anything, is what we need to get moving. Sorry that you hurt your knee...sounds ouchy. Your yard is an inspiration!
Post a Comment