It started raining Tuesday evening, it's still raining! This evening was the worst so far, we had a Tornado Watch. The winds came, the rain came, the flooding came, thankfully - no tornado. It may be a little hard to see in this picture, it was pouring.
Looking out my back sliding glass door toward the deck, the rain was pounding the outdoor table.
It rained this hard for a little over an hour. I could see the water rising in the woods, the flooding was happening again.
Even the drainage ditch in the backyard, which is normally dry was flooding.
Finally, it eased up a bit, the rain slowed, the water receded. We were getting just a drizzle. It was about 2.5 inches of rain in just over an hour. We are getting a short break in the storm according to the weather people who had a report of a tornado touchdown in a town about 20 miles away in Culpeper, Virginia. As I write this, I still hear thunder outside. The power flickered, surprisingly, we didn't lose power.
I never thought this storm would be the excitement of the day. I'm so glad John made it home from work early today and didn't get stuck in the storm. I shared with him I thought the only excitement I had to share was my visitors today.
I had to snap this picture fast, they took off just as soon as the saw me. I surprised them I suppose.
Tomorrow the sun is suppose to return in the afternoon. I'm ready for it after almost three days of rain. The weekend temps are expected to be in the mid to upper 60s and very windy. I had planned to do a little yard work. I'm not so sure I want to tackle yard work in the wind, I'll have to wait and see.
John informed me he has tomorrow off. He's already got his to-do list ready, lots of errands. Hopefully, we'll be doing errands in the sun and not the rain.






3 comments:
I see that rain pinging off your deck table. This is day two of rain and tomorrow it is supposed to improve toward evening so I hear ya. We've had more than our share of rain and some of it should, by rights, belong to Texas. Just sayin'...
Have a fun day tomorrow...perhaps we'll go out for breakfast. Breakfast out is cheap and cozy in the rain.
You take the best pictures! I know you probably don't need the rain, but we sure could use it here.
In fact, my soul could use a good thunderstorm.
But no such luck.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, friend. :)
We sure have been having a lot of rain this year. Here it is Friday morning and it is still raining. Hopefully that sun the mentioned will be coming out later.
Enjoy your day.
Post a Comment