Me being me, now that I'm a little mobile, I need to be productive. I stripped the bed and laundered ALL the bedding. I am hopping, staying off the leg as much as possible. The summer quilt is being put away for another season. The winter comforter and cotton blanket are going on the bed. I'm still keeping off the leg and keeping ice on it between laundry buzzers.
Today will be the last of our sunny weather for a few days. We're expecting SNOW tomorrow, yikes! Hey Mother Nature, it's still October! As of right now, it will be just a ground covering - still too early for the white stuff here!!
Here's the view from my kitchen window and the angel that watches over us. We still have green on the trees.
Here is the view from my sliding glass back door with the beautiful sun shining in.
Admittedly, I did pull out the Halloween Witch to get into the season a bit.
We have less than ten, maybe even five trick-or-treaters annually, it keeps getting less as the years pass (you too?). We stopped buying and giving out candy last year since WE end up eating it.
I did hear from Michael's Arts and Crafts. Surprisingly, they called to check on my recuperation. They inquired as to a status or update on a possible start date. I explained I'd seen the doctor who has determined I have a tear in my meniscus and prescribed rest and ice for a week or so. If it doesn't heal, surgery may be the next step. They asked I keep them updated. The woman did mention that if I there is an extended recuperation, they may have to rethink their offer, which is understandable.
There goes the dryer, the bedding may be dry, time to get hopping. Have a great weekend!



2 comments:
Glad your knee is feeling a bit better.
We don't give out candy anymore either. We usually go out for the evening.
Oh be careful with increased activity. Using the other leg more than it is used to can cause you problems in that leg. I know several people who hurt their good leg because they were favoring their bad leg and had increased their activity.
We usually have between 100- 125 trick or treaters. I still give out candy because I enjoy seeing the kids and the great costumes. But I do admit that with everything that has gone on in my life this month, I am so NOT interested in do this. But I will because we have a bag of candy and like you, I will nibble away at it. But this year the kids who come early will get 2 or 3 pieces and we will close up shop early. I don't have the energy for this.
Post a Comment