Once again, the weekend flew by. So much to do, so little time is really true. With this bum knee, I'm not getting anything done I need to - it is frustrating! I am able to walk with a limp, cannot walk far or for any long period.
Fridays (Sept-May), John bowls in a mixed (male/female) bowling league. He came home about an hour after he left Friday evening. The bowling alley decided to shampoo their carpet on Friday. Their carpeting was not dry by the time the league was suppose to start bowling at 6:30pm. If you've every bowled, you know that wet bowling shoes is a remedy for disaster. The league decided to cancel bowling that night. Thankfully, John called me on his way home so I would not jump out of my skin when he walked through the door. He was disappointed. He has a substitute filling in for him at bowling for the next two weeks. He will be working extended hours to complete a project at work. A married couple have agreed to be permanent substitutes on his bowling team to fill in when the regular team members can't make it.
Saturday was the 50th birthday party of friends we RSVP'd to about a month ago. They had rented out the "back room" of a local restaurant. The room is decorated in the Margaritaville decor. The birthday couple is a husband and wife who are ten days apart - her being older. She heard her share of "cougar" jokes. I explained that I had twisted my knee and unable to walk around the room, so I would be planting myself at a table for the evening. Nice of them to share their 50th with everyone. They splurged for open bar and finger food (veggie tray, meatballs etc). I was the designated driver for us. I propped my knee up and enjoyed the evening, everyone came by to say hello. My flash wasn't working for some reason. Oh well, this gives you and idea of the decor.
The birthday couple cut their cake. Unfortunately, I wasn't close enough (even with zoom) to get a good picture. Everyone toasted to the couple with birthday wishes. I love the lights!
Unfortunately, my knee isn't any better. I've been keeping it elevated and iced on and off. I'm also staying on the Advil when needed, which is often. I decided it was time to seek professional advice. I don't have a regular doctor, I really don't seek medical advice that often, except in situations like this. I selected a orthopedic specialist doctor from my provider directory. I have an appointment tomorrow morning. Hopefully, this is just an injury that takes time to heal. I'm scared to death of surgery!
Wish me luck!


5 comments:
So sorry about your knee. What a bummer. I'll do more than wish you luck, I'll say a prayer for you! : )
I've been on a few bowling leagues which i have always enjoyed. It has been years though.
How come you aren't on the league too? Not a bowler or is it a work league?
Thanks for the kind words Happyone, I appreciate it. John and I bowled together on a league for about ten years until I fell and broke my right elbow in 2001 (I'm right handed). Since then, I've been unable to lift a bowling ball (or anything heavy with my right arm only) and had to stop bowling.
Yes, I certainly wish you well and I, too, am saying a prayer that the report will be a good one. It's not easy to not be able to get around. I am glad that you were able to get out for the birthday party. Too bad that you are no longer able to join your hubby for bowling.
I won't decorate with the berries until November and I'll try to tuck in a few pumpkins to keep it autumnal. After Thanksgiving, I'll pull the pumpkins and add the tips (fir tips) and it'll be good to go. I hope. I keep it simple.
Oh my. I hope this injury isn't serious. Injuries seem to be going around. This Thursday mom will go into rehab for probably 4-6 weeks due to her fall. I'll blog about it like always.
Be sure to let us know how you are doing. Your blog friends are pullling for you.
I see from your blog RK about your Mom. I think putting her in rehab for awhile is probably the best, for both of you. I appreciate the get well wishes, I'm sure I'll need them. As for the rain gauge question about where I bought it, I don't remember. I know quite a bit of my bunny collection came from eBay, it was probably there. I always do a search on bunnies or rabbits when I'm shopping there.
Post a Comment