Happy Hump Day - half the week is gone - is that a good thing? I heard on the news tonight will be the last night the sun sets after 8pm. Both John and I moaned that winter would be here sooner than we'd like it.
Today is grocery day. I try to make it Wednesday each week, it doesn't always work out that way. I headed out about 10am, off to Shoppers Food Warehouse (SFW). It is a nice, bright, sunny day, 75 degrees and low humidity, thankfully.
Armed with my shopping list, I finished up in about 90 minutes. I had to back track a couple of times. I still have not memorized where everything is yet in that grocery store. I want to make some fruit salad this week. The fruit pickings at SFW was poor. This meant a trip to Giant Food was in order. I had to go home first and unpack and put away what I'd bought at SFW for $200.
My dilemma was whether or not to eat lunch now or head out to Giant and eat lunch when I returned. Since my soap opera, All My Children, is on at 1pm and it is noon, I decided to head to Giant now. Hopefully, I'll make it back in time for my soap opera (the decisions of my day, right?). I've been watching All My Children since 1971, I'm a fan! They haven't been cancelled, they're going to be on the internet or picked up by a cable network...still TBD.
Pulling into the shopping center I noticed an unmarked police car on the right corner with the officer inside the car. I didn't think twice about it until I saw another unmarked police car with the officer inside parked by CVS. Neither car had lights blinking or sirens blaring.
For the locals who read my blog, you may have heard about the buttocks slasher. The local Marshalls department store has a Hispanic male who has been identified on video camera as the suspect. There have been eight reported attacks on females under age 25 whose clothing appears to have been cut with an Exacto knife. The last attack was July 27th. The most serious injury has been treated with a bandaid (thankfully). I'm glad I don't have anything to worry about since I'm way past 25 years old. Although, he would stay busy for awhile on my double-wide backside <laugh inserted here>. These attacks have brought out the local police on alert around the shopping center where I live (and the Giant Food is). It's just a matter of time before they pickup this person. Would you notice this police car?
Just like after 9-11, although we are afraid, we continue to go about our daily lives. It does make one feel a bit better that the police are close by. I headed into Giant Food to pick up some fruit and a few extra items. I spent another $40 there.
Heading home I noticed they had painted new lines on the street. Now, keep in mind, our neighborhood has a speed limit of 25 mph (although few keep within the speed limit). Notice the freshly painted DOUBLE YELLOW line? Apparently, a reminder to my fellow neighbors to slow down and NO PASSING in the neighborhood!!
It's 1:10pm and I've got the food from my trip to Giant unpacked and almost put away. Click - TV on. All I have left is to clean the fruit and get it put away.
The fruit can wait, I'm starving. I'm sticking with my healthy eating and opt for a salad. It took me about ten minutes to make it, complete with home grown tomatoes from the garden, yum!
I ate my salad and watched All My Children until 2pm. I started rinsing the fruit and getting containers out for storage in the refrigerator. It started getting dark in my kitchen, which only means the sun is gone. I looked outside, sure enough, it's starting to cloud over. I thought it would rain, it didn't.
Just as I had finished with the fruit and getting it stored in the refrigerator, John walked in the door, it was 2:30pm. Where does the day go?
We chatted for awhile, he updated me about how slow things continue to be for him. He decided he'd get some bills paid online, off he went. I turned on my laptop in the kitchen and played some games for about an hour. I went to ask him what time he wanted dinner and found him on the phone. I went back to the kitchen and started planning on the time it would take to cook dinner - we're having ribs, potatoes and corn on the cob. I thought about adding a salad, probably too much, scratch the salad. Glad I did decided against the salad, we were stuffed after dinner, it was delicous (sorry, forgot picture).
John joined me in the kitchen after he was off the phone to inform me we are refinancing our house, again. We had refinanced last year. Because interest rates are dropping like a rock, we got 3.6% interest rate and dropped our payment by $200. Thankfully, John qualified without any income needed from me. The bank is a little backed up now the broker said. There seems to be a rush on refinancing since the rates are down. Our new (lower) payment will be effective in December, nice Christmas present.
After dinner I watered the tomatoes and most of the outside plants. They're calling for rain again tomorrow. They called for rain on Sunday and Monday, mostly missed us, we didn't see much rain, a few passing showers. I'd rather the tomatoes get watered with the hose than depend on the forecast. Oh, remember the tomato I put out for ripening last Sunday on the back deck table? It's about ready, don't you think?











3 comments:
I heard about the slasher! Hope he's caught soon.
That tomato ripened nicely!
I like summer but I like fall too. It will be nice walking in some nice crisp fall weather.
Yes, I heard about the slasher also. Love the picture of the tomato. Sometimes the simplest things can give the most dramatic pictures. Great contrast.
I'm sooo looking forward to the fall weather. I made such progress in the spring with my walking. I want to get back to a regular routine.
Post a Comment