Perfect day for a walk...finally! As I mentioned previously, I've been neglecting my walks and exercise due to the excessive heat. I'm not in the kind of shape where I can walk when it's really humid (yet :) I started out down my street and kept walking. Such a glorious day, partly cloudy, perfect!
I may have posted this before, excuse me if I have. I found this unusual that someone (although it happens often) would ruin a perfectly good sidewalk by imprinting their footprints. These look like adult footprints.
I passed the creekbed near my house, it was almost dried up because of the lack of rain. I know all the critters in the woods use it for drinking, I've seen them.
This person must have a green thumb. What a lovely job they did aligning their driveway with flowers. The front of their house is all done in red. Isn't it lovely? I'm jealous of people with this gardening talent.
It was a 25 minute walk, not bad since I haven't been walking in about three weeks, except for Saturdays with the walking group. I'm so glad to get back to it, I feel good! I know I'll feel it in the morning, but right now, it's awesome!
Little background (quickly) on my family. I'm the oldest of three children (our parents have passed away, my Dad was USAF/military, 30 years service, I was born on an Air Force Base). My brother is two years younger than I. We had a baby sister who passed away of Cancer at age 36 in 2002. She married, no children. I have no children either. My brother is married and lives in the Shenandoah Mountains, Front Royal, Virginia to be exact, near Skyline Drive for those familiar. He is the father of the only children born in our family (of the three of us), he has (identical) twin daughters, Danielle and Shauna.
Danielle is wonderful, a girlie girl loves makeup and clothes. Shauna, hilarious - such a sense of humor and just the opposite of Danielle, the tomboy who loves to get dirty and rarely wears a dress. They love each other dearly, yet always arguing - siblings, right? Twins worse? John and I had dinner with them tonight. It was the best gift and such a nice surprise to have both of them with us. I'm sure you can tell which is which, right?
I emailed them in May asking to get together sometime this summer (since I'm unemployed, anytime is convenient for me). I got a reply message from Danielle this past Sunday asking if I was busy tonight. She works at Kohl's (a local department store) as a Management Intern summers and winter breaks from college. She had to work today until 4:30pm (tomorrow is her last day). Sadly, I never got a response from Shauna. I made arrangements with Danielle to stop by my house tonight after work. We would wait out traffic, then head out to dinner. I mentioned it to John Monday night after plans were confirmed.
As I was getting ready this afternoon, John informs me more tomatoes need pickin! I reminded him that Danielle was coming tonight, he asked "what for?". I reminded him of Monday's conversation, which he quickly said he remembered. We both went out to the garden to take a look at the tomatoes. We picked the ripened ones and John gave them a drink of water.
To my surprise, Danielle had contacted Shauna about meeting us for dinner. Shauna was at home (about an hour away in Front Royal) and agreed to drive to meet Danielle at my house. What a nice surprise!!! I looked out the window and they were both walking up the driveway.
We chatted for awhile and headed out to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. Ruby Tuesday is a chain restaurant in this area. They have an awesome salad bar. I admit it, I went back for seconds, delicious! John joined us, he had chicken parmesan. The girls ordered the same thing - go figure, salad bar and soup.
It's amazing to listen to them talk (now as adults). They would always argue as children. They still do, now with more justification rather than brutality. They're 21 and will be seniors in college this year. Danielle is a business major at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia and Shauna is on a soccer scholarship as an Arts major at Bridgewater College near Roanoke, Virginia. I can't believe they'll be graduating from college next May (they were just born yesterday)!!
As we were leaving the restaurant tonight, I spotted an almost full moon between the trees. I took this as a sign. The twins finally finding time in their busy schedules to spend some time with their (old paternal) aunt and uncle. Tonight I felt better, things are getting better. Their visit was just what I needed!
Thanks for joining me. It's a lovely summer evening, are you feeling better too?












2 comments:
Lovely post. Beautiful girls. How nice that you keep in contact with them.
I am writing you a private email about knitting!!
A nice happy post. Glad you had such a good day. The twins are very pretty!
Post a Comment