Yesterday was very hot and humid. Severe thunderstorms were forecast. We got about ten minutes of rain and thunder, no lightening and the sun was back out. Thankfully, it must have been enough to wash away the humidity. Before the rain, John had to get in the lawn mowing. The lawn is just about all brown from the awful heat and no rain this summer. I didn't say a word.
I did some tomato pickin and got a few that looked ready. One was the size of a cherry tomato. Maybe it was a dud tomato, is there such a thing? A dud tomato?
This is my "to be eaten" supply.
The rain came about mid-afternoon yesterday, about 3pm. It looked like it was going to be bad and then then sun was back out before I knew it. We had a very leisurely Sunday, it was nice.
Today is Monday and oh what a beautiful day! After I had my two cups of coffee, I got ready and headed out the door for a walk. I couldn't let today get away without a walk! This weather of no humidity and low temps is suppose to stay with us through Wednesday, I hope the weather folks got it right. Just look at that blue sky!
Heading down my street, I noticed a neighbor has a project either torn down or ready to go. The fence looks old, which lead me to believe it was a tear down. Either way, it looks like it is hard work.
Is election year evident in your neighborhood too? These folks are showing their support.
When I passed this, I had to back up and look at it. As I got closer, it didn't look like a spider. Whatever it is hanging from a pine tree. If you look closely, you will see its web, follow to the spider(?) at the bottom. When I got closer to take a look, it moved toward me. I backed up and used the zoom feature to take this. All I can say is eeewwwwww.
Heading home, I'm tired, it seems like I've been walking forever, it was 30 minutes (stop laughing). Finally, I finally see our ranch house in view. We're the last house on the right. I'm almost home, and I need a cold glass of water.
When I got home there was an message on the answering machine from a recruiter asking if I was still looking for a job. I called "Ann" the recruiter back. She wanted to see me T-O-D-A-Y (ugh)??! I told Ann tomorrow would be better. I didn't want to tell her I was all sweaty from being out walking. She said it would be better if I could make it today, say 3:30? I looked at the clock, it was 11:10am. "Sure" I said, I look forward to meeting you then. I jumped in the shower. I let my hair air dry for about a half hour before I took the blow dryer to it, then pulled out the hot rollers. Hair is in rollers will be nice and curly. I left the curlers in until I was about ready to get dressed. Makeup on-check, mascara-check, eye shadow-check, I'm just about ready. Took out the hairspray and gave my hair a good spray. I'm dressed and ready to go, it's 3pm. The recruiter's office was just down the road, it took me about ten minutes. Parking there was awful, there was no "visitor parking". There were about 20 empty handicapped slots right up front. I learned the fire marshall sets the number of handicapped parking required based on the building square footage, did you know that? I ended parking further away from the building than I wanted. Oh well, another walk!
I met with Ann who said the job is about 20 minutes from my house. It is an HR Assistant position. I am an HR Manager. Ya know what? I'm good with that, time for me to step down and take less responsibility. Bye bye to the days of sitting through meetings and working all hours. It will be me waving at the end of the day saying good night instead of the one looking at a mound of work and messages of calls needing returned. I always stayed another couple of hours to get the work finished, while it seemed everyone else went home. The cleaning crew knew me by name. Thankfully, John would be happy with the step down too.
We reviewed my experience and past positions. She said she would submit my resume to the client and be in touch with me probably next week. I thought - what was the big rush then to meet me today? Oh well, it's done. Again, if it is meant to be, it will be. As I look at it, interviewing keeps me in practice.
I got home about 4:15 and couldn't wait to get out of those clothes, back into my shorts, tank top and flip flops....ahhh, it's still summertime.









4 comments:
I have dealt with the headhunters for employment before too, and they are pushy. At least the ones that I have worked with, so maybe that's why the "hurry up and get here today" attitude. I would say that's why they're good at what they do. :)
Good luck with the position, like you said, if it's meant to be....
Have a great Tuesday.
Maybe this will be the one!!
Such pretty red tomatoes. They look soooo good.
The day was picture perfect and today is even better.
I also took a step back when I took my last job. I had been a manager for 40+ people in an office that housed 25+ physicians. When I interviewed the woman couldn't believe i would be interested in her position. I was very interested. Less responsibility (less money but less responsibility - fair trade) and in the end she hired me and it was the best job ever.
Maybe the best job ever only shows up after you have had the worse job ever!!
:-)
She probably had a full schedule tomorrow. Right. Anyway, as you say, it keeps you in practice. The weather there sounds just as nice as ours here. I only walk for about a half an hour, too. It's all I can handle right now. We'll get better, though I doubt that either of us are heading for Karen's record. ;D
Post a Comment