I grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and headed out into the chilly 34 degree morning to start the car and wait for it to warm up. I had forgot to Mapquest (no, I don't have a GPS) the location of the walk in clinic although I had a general idea where it was. Luckily, I didn't get lost, it was were I thought it was. The opened at 7am, as you can see, the earlier the better. There is no one in their waiting room.
I explained to today's receptionist that I'd spoken on the phone yesterday with Jessica. Today's receptionist verified the costs that I had mentioned Jessica provided me (whew). I completed the required paperwork and settled the bill. I found it odd they would not take a check, they wanted a credit card. I was escorted to an exam room by a young girl who didn't appear to be older than 20 with two feathers in her pulled back hair (but no visible tattoos or piercings). She did not provide her name, I didn't ask (it was probably Jessica :) She informed me she would be conducting all the tests, "I get to do the doctor's work for him" she said proudly. "Good for you" I responded. I didn't let on that I was told there was a $95 doctor fee. Since I'd paid the bill already, it became a moot point. Again, I'm picking my battles.
I was weighed and she took my blood pressure. Good news - both dropped since last taken on November 9th (I'm giving myself a woohoo!). Next, the dreaded blood test, oh how I hate needles. It was quick and swift, she got her vile of blood in less than two minutes (whew again). She opened a cabinet and handed me one of those dreaded paper cover ups that symbolized a vest. "Take off your shirt and bra, put this on leaving the opening in the front" she directed me and left the room. She mentioned earlier they are having their offices painted. While she was out of the room, I quickly snapped a few shots, sorry they're a little blurry. Love these painter's directions.
The wider shot of the above picture is shown below. It seems this is the only wall to be painted Cayman Blue. I'm surprised the directions are in English only...just sayin.
By this time, it had been over 12 hours since I've eaten, I definitely need coffee!!! I am not a Starbucks fan. The McDonald's near my house has been torn down and is being rebuilt (it was 30 years old). I remembered a McDonald's close to the walk-in clinic. I hope there wasn't much of a line. Only two cars ahead of me when I got there. I ordered a sausage biscuit for John and myself and a coffee for me (John is not a coffee drinker). I deserved a reward for the dropped weight and blood pressure!
Someone has some great talent to decorate their front windows.
John was happy to see me home with breakfast in hand. He was just putting on his jacket to start leaf blowing. He thanked me for the "fuel" to get him going on this tremendous task. I didn't get a picture of the "before" of our front yard, here is the "after" taken from the bottom of our driveway.
I found John on the side of the house working his way toward the back.
Here is what the back yard looked like "before" John got the leaves done.
Apparently, the best method that works for John is to blow the leaves in piles and then use the bagger tool (it vacuums the leaves) to get them into the trash can for bagging.
John is in the final stretch, wrapping it up, almost done! He's been at it almost four hours. We have just over 1/4 acre of land.
The yard looks so good when all the leaves are gone. Like a clean kitchen floor. I took the first picture from the deck and the second picture from near the shed toward the house.
Our trees are just about bare. In our neighborhood, the problem is the wind. We're the last house before the woods. The leaves from our neighbors yards on our side of the street blow their leaves into our yard. If the neighbors don't clean their yard, ours doesn't stay clean long. Thankfully, our neighbors do clean their yard, just not the same time we do ours. Poor John, he was so sore this evening, he had the heating pad in use. Yes Cheryl, you're right, the bum knee kept me from helping with the leaf cleanup this year. I honestly do feel guilty about it.
We are checked off and done at our house. My tests are done, I'm ready for surgery on November 29th. The leaves are done (for now) in the yard. John thinks he'll have one more go at them, probably next weekend, which should be it for the season. Hope your weekend is relaxing and enjoyable.

















3 comments:
I just followed your pre-op journey and your Jessica didn't quite do her job in informing you. Glad it's over and hope it's smooth sailing till surgery time.
Oh my. I had some catching up to do. Glad that your tests are done and that you did some comparison shopping for the best prices. How is the knee feeling? Still sore and miserable?
Yard is looking good! It's nice that John takes such good care of it.
Watched DWTS and thought of you. I was so disappointed with J.R.'s first set of scores. So glad for the 10-10-10 at the end. I'm still rooting for him to win. I just like him. I like the others, too. What'd you think of the absence of Hope with Maks tonight and the presence of Kirstie Alley? I think she's gained some weight back. She's like me. Up and down the scale.
Take care of yourself...
Hi Noofy
Glad to catch up with you and the continuing drama with the medical establishment. I do hope your surgery goes well.
I have often been blessed by non-complicated health care but my insurance has no deductibles ... and it is the last thread of my former life of working for Carefirst. Yes, I have worked in the medical fiield. The insurance I have is pretty good as a retiree, but it isn't cheap. But I have compared $$$ totals with others in my soical network and we are paying less per month than most. So I am not complaining.
Take care.
Post a Comment