Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Quick Post

A short note to let you know I made it through surgery just fine.  The good news is my injury required a meniscus repair (not replacement).  I should be up and walking normally again in about a week.  The bad news is today is my first day out of bed.  I've had some problems with nauseousness from the anesthesia, Percocet and Vicodin (painkillers).  I feel like I'm suffering from the worst hangover ever.  You know the kind, where you think getting sick will make you feel better? 

Today, I'm still struggling with dizziness and nauseousness.  The medications  should be out of my system by tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to feeling somewhat normal again.

My knee is wrapped to the size of a football and slightly bent, thankfully.  It is throbbing, which I suppose is to be expected.  I have crutches, I'm learning to use them, another experience.  I'm not taking anymore painkillers by choice, I'll stick with the Advil.  Each day is getting better, something to look forward to.  I plan to write/blog about this journey with pictures too.  I need a little time to get my head back on straight.  I was told not to sign any legal papers for 24-48 hours, ha!

Time to get back on the couch and get my knee elevated and iced, probably a nap too.  Thank you for your well wishes and support, I truly appreciate it.

4 comments:

HappyK said...

Oh that is good news that is was just for a repair. I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Glad things are going well. You'll be out walking again in no time. : )
I like your Christmas blog look. Very festive.

Cheryl said...

I planned to be in a narcotic haze after my surgery, but had to scrap those plans after bad side effects. I was disappointed because I definitely needed the narcotics.

I love how you decorated your blog for Christmas.

Vee said...

That is good news...repair over replacement. Once those drugs are gone, you will be feeling much more clear-headed. Take good care of yourself...hope that you have all the latest decorating magazines and some good Christmas movies lined up. We're watching the CMA Christmas special. It's not Bing nor Andy Williams, but better than nothing. =)

Retired Knitter said...

Glad the surgery went so well. Your body is probably very sensitive to those drugs, which is good. But they are good drugs when you need them. If we had been born in the 1800's you probably would have been given a shot of whisky and a stick to bite!! Not adequate for someone cutting into you ... :-)