Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Healing Nicely

I must spread my Holiday Cheer.  I saw the doctor this morning.  It was my follow up appointment since knee surgery on November 29th (only two weeks ago!).  Doctor says I am healing nicely, my knee "looks great".  He asked how my knee felt.  I informed him that it is sore when I attempt to flex it to a full extension.  I am walking on it completely, short distances.  There is a slight pain in the knee area when I'm walking for short periods.  As I hoped, this is a sign the knee is healing.  With the surgical tape removed at the doctor's office, pictured below is one entry point on the upper right corner and two barely visible entry points at the lower part of my knee.



I have no restriction except no running or jumping for about another month.  I never did any running or jumping before the surgery, so I think I'm pretty safe with that.  I have almost full range of motion again.  I have noticed that the knee stiffens when I'm sitting for any length of time.

Finally, I'm relieved no physical therapy is necessary.  He said I will continue to heal for the next two to three weeks.  If I have any problems or concerns the doctor said I should call his office and schedule another appointment.  I couldn't be more thrilled, I have my life back - a Christmas blessing.


Continuing in my Christmas spirit and decorating, I put out the ceramic 18 inch tree and put it by the back window.  Do you like it there?


2 comments:

HappyK said...

Great news about your knee!!

Retired Knitter said...

Happy to hear the knee is healing well. Love the tree.