Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring is Still Springing

I increased the size of the font, this template seems to have small print.  The pictures don't post well either.  I love the daisies this template has, so I'll leave it for a few more weeks.  I'll probably will change the template again before summer arrives.

My birthday last Sunday was awesome.  John bought me a new laptop (of my choice), an HP with a 17 inch screen.  The graphics are amazing.  It has fingerprint recognition for access, which he thinks (so do I) is really cool.  It has a fast processor, an i7.  The operating system is Windows 7, no more Windows Vista, which was on my old laptop, I didn't like it.  We bought and loaded the Microsoft Office 2010.  This is what they're using at work.  MS Office 2007 version is the most recent I've used.  They moved the commands around again in the 2010 version.  I figure I'd better relearn it at home, not at work.  This laptop is amazing, I love it!  We also went to dinner, very nice.  Time marches on, I bought a new wrinkle cream too, couldn't hurt.


We've had beautiful weather these past couple of weeks.  Unfortunately, with the good comes a little bad, a rainy weekend here.  All the better for the grasses and the flowers.  I can't get over how fast everything has grown in a few short weeks.  On my way to work this past week, I noticed some trees in full bloom.



At work, there is a picnic area across from the building and the parking lot.  I haven't used it yet, but I'm thinking about it.


On my way home from work this week, I pulled over a couple of times just to take these shots.




Once home, in just a matter of days, my hostas started popping quickly and the Dogwood tree is popping with bloom too.  I just love spring, best season of all, I have to share it with you!



Other than enjoying this beautiful season (even with allergy sniffling and sneezing it is worth it), there's nothing really new.

I continue to work out after work on elliptical.  I know I won't get results unless I use it.  I've extended my time again this week.  Getting use to the extra time has been a workout.  I'm going to stay at this level until I get use to the longer time.  Pushing myself without getting use to this new level wouldn't be good for my knee.  I'll increase my time again once this level becomes easier.  I do work up a good sweat and my appetite decreases too, that's a good thing.  I haven't lost any more weight, it seems to have plateaued. I need to make some changes.  I haven't been snacking like I'm suppose to.  I'll begin the suggested mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks at 10:30 and 2:30, which are suppose to be about 200 calories each or less.  I was including these calories in my lunch instead.  Now, I'll reduce my lunch calories.  Hope the change up makes a difference.  I use to have a sandwich, two fruits and some SmartPop popcorn for lunch (between 400-500 calories).  I'll switch one of the fruit and the SmartPop popcorn to snacks, see if that makes a difference.  Since I moved away from home in my early 20s, I never ate breakfast.  I'm now following the suggestion to eat about an hour after wakeup.  A 100 calorie fiber english muffin is about all I can get down.  My calories are usually under 1800 a day, should I go lower?

What changes have you made recently?

3 comments:

HappyK said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Great gift!!
I love this time of year. : )
If you are still losing weight eating 1800 a day then I wouldn't go lower. When you stop losing weight and aren't where you want to be than I would go lower.
I know if I ate 1800 a day I would gain weight!! We are all so different.

Retired Knitter said...

I have been so far behind in my own blogging and blog reading ... it is almost embarrassing. But I have been very busy. I'll get back to blogging soon. But I am happy to have read your latest post. I love your new blog look.

Vee said...

Why, yes, you have posted. What a great template this is...loving the daisies. Oh John was very good to you with all the new goodies for your birthday. It'll be great for you to be able to use the same Office system at home that you use at work. Don't ask me about diets. I have no advice. I think you're doing a great job to keep exercising and watching what you eat.