Spring is almost here - time for a new template! :)
Daffodils are budding!
The other process I continued to learn more about from last week is the document tracker system. I'm still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together on this. The purpose of the document tracker is to obvious, to show what steps have been completed to process each particular document (which is a minimum of three steps and can be more depending on the action required). Each document has at least one action assigned to it. For example, resignation is an action. Because our group handles mostly "on call" or what is referred to as "intermittent" employees, the action I see most is to either extend an employee's assignment so they can continue to be paid until their work is done at the disaster site OR to move an employee to an inactive status because they have completed their job at the disaster site. I have processed a few transfers, mostly the workload is deactivating employees who have completed their assignment. What I'm finding out is some of our team members use the document tracker differently. My goal is to find the "right way" to use the document tracker. I found out my team leader who is training me doesn't use the document tracker much. The steps I've been taught by the team leader are not A-Z instructions. Rather than stir the pot immediately, I'll follow the steps I've been shown, I know there's more to it. Next week, start of my third week, I'll probably ask more about it.
Most importantly, payday! Now that I've completed my second week and paydays are bi-weekly, I was hoping for my first paycheck. I find out it takes a week to process payroll after the pay period ends. Therefore, payday is next Friday (3/16). My benefit deductions won't happen this payday, it will be my second payday for those deductions. I am surprised the Government (one of the largest employers) have such antiquated systems. I saw one computer program they're using running on DOS operating system (about 20 years old). Most programs are using at least Windows operating system. Our Government is not using money to update their systems. I've come to learn over the years working for some different employers, that old technology will slow the process of work.
Enough about work. Know that I'm happy, I like the people I work with, and the commute (15-20 minutes), I can't beat it with a stick - it's the best. One of the most difficult things is coming home and disciplining myself to get on the elliptical. Working out in general is something most of us have to make a conscious effort to do. It is exhausting after a day of work (I know, poor me, right? :)
I've been good and sticking with the elliptical workout daily, giving myself weekends off. I've increased my time on the machine slowly. Initially, I didn't think my knee was going to manage the elliptical. I suppose it just took a little getting use to, it's all good now - so far. When the weather warms up, I'll spend a Saturday or Sunday doing some walking. I continue to journal my food, tracking it. Weigh loss is at 14 pounds since February 1st. Last weekend I spent my weekend doing the chores that I use to do during the week (laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning). I plan to do the grocery shopping after work early in next week, as I attended a family event yesterday.
One of my nieces (my only brother has twin girls), Danielle, got engaged on New Years. My brother and sister-in-law hosted an Engagement Party yesterday. I'd never heard of an Engagement Party. A wedding shower, requiring a gift - yes. A wedding, requiring a gift - yes. But an Engagement Party - hummm?? Thankfully, my cousin, who I'm close to, informed me that a gift was not required for an Engagement Party - it is completely optional. Since I have a two gift giving events ahead of me (shower and wedding), I opted out of gift giving for this event.
The Toast
Danielle and Tony have their wedding date set for October 19, 2013. Danielle graduates from Virginia Tech in May and Tony is in the Marine Corps, his duty ends this November, he is not reenlisting. For some reason, this template makes the pictures very large. Below is after the toast at yesterday's celebration. My sister-in-law, Tony, Danielle and my brother.
At the Marine Corps Ball, November 2011
As I said my goodbyes to everyone and headed home last evening, I was surprised to see how much cheaper gas was in the country than the city. I had filled up earlier in the week ($3.77/gallon). I at 3/4 tank full leaving my brother's home. I decided to swing in and top off at this price ($3.61 Regular and $3.99 Supreme, thankfully my car uses Regular gas).
Clocks have been changed to reflect "SPRING AHEAD". Hope your weekend was a good one, thanks for visiting, hope to see you next time.





6 comments:
Glad to hear things in your life are going so well - especially the job. It will be an adjustment. So much of our lives are squeezed around a job, and when the job is missing, those tasks spread out during regular hours, and getting them squeezed back around a job can be a challenge. But it sounds like you are managing.
Great to hear your update! Happy almost Spring!
You're right RK it has been a challenge to get my life back on track being back to work full time. It will take time to adjust, I'll get there.
Sounds like things are going well for you. :)
The snow is so pretty but like you I'm glad spring is coming.
It hasn't made it to the 80's here yet, but mid 70's is just perfect!!
A very Happy Birthday to you though it is a day late. Hope you had a great day.
I love the new look of your blog! So bright and happy. It sounds like you are settling into your new job and I hope you're happy where you are. Enjoy the Spring weather, I wish we had it here. Blessed be my friend.
Happy Spring to you, and hope you had a great birthday :))
Post a Comment