We continue with our wacky weather here in Northern Virginia. Is the weather wacky your way too? I heard on the news today that Buffalo, New York normally has an average of 36 inches of snow this time of year. However, to date, those folks have only seen 3.5 inches all winter. Many of the ski resorts are screaming for business. In Pennsylvania, they're having problems making snow because it's been so warm, it won't stick or stay. It certainly was a gorgeous day yesterday, today and expected tomorrow. Today, we reached 63 degrees, unbelievable. Tomorrow it is expected to be near 68 degrees (yesterday was 58 degrees). I was headed home from the store, such a beautiful day.
I headed for the grocery store before the weekend crowds hit and there are still sale items left. Picked up a great deal on cherries, love cherries, they were $2.99 pound. Strawberries too, $2.99 pound. I went to Giant since my list was small this week. John leaves Monday for another business trip. This time to Rapid City, South Dakota (it even sounds cold, doesn't it?).
We have bounced into this warm spell from a cold spell earlier this week. Our temps dropped to the teens on Monday and Tuesday nights. I took this on Tuesday afternoon - it was sunny and snowing! Yes, snowing, look closely. Those white specks are snowflakes! It only lasted a few minutes and stopped. Wacky weather!
My knee has hit a plateau for healing or just taking longer than I'd hoped. John says I have learn to be patient. It has been five weeks since surgery. I've been walking on it since week two. Several times a day I get a shooting pain that goes right through my kneecap. I'm usually sitting when it the pain happens. This pain just started about a week ago and comes and goes not constant. I'm able to walk on it for short periods of time. I think I'm going to start pushing myself a little more. This pain may be brought on by me being sedentary too long. I'm going to start walking about every hour or so, short distances. If it is warm, I'll go outside, otherwise, I'll just stroll the house. I'm going to try and build my endurance, spring will be here in a couple of months!
Last Thursday I told John Sears was having a huge sale on exercise equipment. I really miss my treadmill. John said he would buy an elliptical if I would settle for that. He's joined me on the quest to lose weight and get healthy. We agreed it would probably have less impact on my knee than a treadmill. An elliptical is suppose to offer a better workout as well. John asked I do the research and run what I found past him. I finally settled on model CE 7.4 from Smooth Fitness based on all the features and reviews from a buying guide. John agreed with my selection, we ordered it that evening online from Sears. The expected delivery date is next Friday (the 13th!). John returns from South Dakota on Saturday, just in time to put it together, hehe.
We have a small home. As you can see pictured below, we pushed our dining room table against the wall to make room for the Christmas tree, which we do annually. However, we decided to leave the dining room table like it is and set up the elliptical where the tree was. We still have our meals at our eat-in kitchen table, which I also use for my laptop, and we have a TV in there too.
That's our big news and excitement as well as an update on my knee. What's new with you?



3 comments:
Glad you knee is getting better. Do you have any follow ups in the future? You might want to mention that shooting pain. That doesn't sound normal.
Yes, weather sure has been crazy!! Well, at least it's not boring!!
The shooting pain doesn't sound normal to me either.
Weather is always whacky, isn't it?! That's what I think anyway. I've never seen any year when people weren't talking about crazy weather. Yup, crazy here, too.
Oh that elliptical sounds like a good choice.
The pain in the knee sounds like a phone call to the doc is in order. Just to check, especially before you set out to push yourself.
Nothing new here. Tree is down and Christmas is packed away and now we wait for our stove! Food. I can hardly wait.
Post a Comment