Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Round Tuit

Do you have that project that you've been putting off because you really don't want to tackle it?  You tell yourself "I'll get around to it".  Today, I tackled one of many a project that I've been putting off, and I (finally) got Round Tuit.


We converted our third bedroom into an office/den.  John and I have have our own desk, computer, a shared printer, shredder and a fax machine.  I keep my laptop in the kitchen and really don't use my desk (w/desktop computer) much unless I need to use the printer (no wireless printer set up-yet).  Since before Thanksgiving, I've been shoving crap moving stuff to my desk/office to keep the living room and dining room clean.  Some of it is my school work for my medical coding class (yes, remember that?), some of it is low-fat recipes for the new year (another attempt at weight loss), some of it is exercise programs from the internet (more weight loss info), and some of it is health information from the Dr. Oz show, Weight Watchers and The Biggest Loser websites.  Here's what my desk looked like before I got started today.




Here's a close up of the mess...


Here's John's desk, all nice and clean, as he usually keeps it (disheartening isn't it?).


Yesterday, I went to Staples and bought some binders to get organized.  I have three (white) binders for my medical coding class.  I bought a bright orange (they didn't have red) for my Get Healthy binder.  The bright orange is intended to be a motivator.


I thought I was going to burn out the shredder with all the older crap stuff I was hanging onto for some unknown reason.  I found two Jiffy Lube receipts - just in case I ever sell my car, I can show I've maintained it (duh, stupid).  Are these hoarding tendencies?  Another new habit (not a resolution, they get broken) I'm starting in 2012 is pitching (the art of throwing away).  I have to go through my closet too - that's another round tuit project for another day.  I have clothes in four different sizes, why do I hang onto these clothes?  When If I lose weight, I want NEW clothes!


What a relief, after shredding and organizing for two hours, this is what my desk looks like now.  Tomorrow I have to punch holes in the class lessons for those binders and put together my Get Healthy binder.  I even bought dividers.




What a feeling of relief and accomplishment, I just have to hang up my sign!!!!

2 comments:

HappyK said...

Nice job on the desk cleaning.
My desk is built right in the kitchen so I have to keep mine in order! : )
I have a laptop but don't use it much. I LOVE my nice big monitor where I can open multiple windows at one time.
I have a few of those projects that need to get done too. Like the spare room. Things just get dumped in there.

Retired Knitter said...

January must be a clean out and re-org month for everyone. I have been doing it and I noticed that a lot of bloggers are doing it as well.

Love the look of your blog.