Pages

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Zoom, Another One Gone

Where do the weekends go?  It was just Friday night!!  I can't believe how fast the weekends zoom by.  I have scheduled my vacation for the week of 4th of July.  We're not going anywhere - we have a new roof.  The vacation fund has been depleted for awhile.  That's okay, I've got plenty to keep me busy around the house.  I'm looking forward to the time off and getting a few projects done.  Until then, I just ride through the weekends as they zoom by.

The garden is coming along nicely.  Two of the three Starburst Lillies have popped as well.  The third one looks like it will pop any day now.





 Still walking with the group at work, weather permitting.  Unfortunately, we were unable to walk outdoors last Thursday afternoon (we got the morning walk in) and Friday.  Me and another coworker, Susan, did a few laps around the office.  We walked fast to get our cardio going.  The two younger girls, Sarinya and Allison, were taking the stairs UP TO THE 5th Floor after walking.  I used to do that when I was in my thirties - I miss my thirties.  I'm trying to age gracefully, can't you tell.  I had to sneak this shot of the group while we were walking.  Most don't like their pictures taken.
 


 On this day, we took a different route, mostly through the office complex parking lots.  I'm not a fan of the blacktop in the heat.  Thankfully, we were in the low 80s.  I don't think we'll be doing this route much when we're back in the 90s again.

One thing I can say, they sure do take care of the grounds around the office complex.  This is a shot of one of the plantings just outside a parking garage.  I love the colors.

 
 Monday is back tomorrow.  It will be an interesting week.  Our group occupies the 5th and 6th floor (the 6th floor being the top floor) of an office building.  Somewhere, money was found to upgrade and remodel our office space.  The folks who occupied the 6th floor, moved in with us on the 5th floor and we've been cohabitating since April 1st on the 5th floor while the 6th floor gets its facelift.
 
This week, the 6th floor has been completed.  We are all moving to the 6th floor when the 5th floor remodel begins on June 17th.  We'll once again be cohabitating on the 6th floor in the newer environment.  Sometime in August, the 5th floor remodel is expected to be complete.  At that time, those of us who normally "live" on the 5th floor return there with our belongings, computer and printer.  If nothing else, work is always changing to keep it interesting.  The IT (Information Technology - the Computer Geeks) department was suppose to work this past weekend moving all our computers to the 6th floor.
 
It will be interesting tomorrow to see whose computer will work and whose won't.  If Murphy's Law prevails with me, I'll be in the won't work group.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's great that you have walkers at work. Like you said, soon it will be consistently hot and sweaty weather. Walking is so good!

Your garden looks great. Looking forward to seeing the progress. I see you have the veggies protected.

Is your computer working?

HappyK said...

Beautiful flowers in your garden.
Sometimes stay at home vacations are the best kind. More relaxing!!

Retired Knitter said...

Yes, it has been a few years for us as well in taking a vacation. Of course, I don't miss it as much now that I am retired. But getting away from the regular grind is good for everyone. Vacations are sort of off our radar now that my husband is so unsteady in strange situations. He does OK around the house because he is familiar with the set up, but when we go to new places he doesn't do so good and I am then on alert watching for him - which isn't much of a vacation for me either. So we are skip vacations! Sometimes just staying home is the best choice.

Vee said...

Sometimes the staycation is more enjoyable anyway. The new wok environment sounds lovely!

Vee said...

I've been hanging out with Karen too long...we're e en starting to sound alike! : D