Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summertime!

My second favorite time of year has arrived (Christmas being my first).  Friday was the first day of summer also known as the Summer Solstice.  Either way, glad its here.  Had my first summer mani-pedi, of course, I HAD TO go bright for summer!
The Soaking

Finished Manicure

Finished Pedicure

I'm a happy girl, everyone notices and remarks positively.  I pass the kudos to my manicurist, well deserved.

With all the rain we've been having the garden has run-a-muck.  Amazing how fast it grows.  We've already got our first two tomatoes.  Planting was right around Memorial Day.


Everything in the garden is growing so quickly.  Here's the blueberry plant.

The lettuce and carrots are coming up fast as well.

These are two different views of the corn.  I couldn't be more thrilled!
 

On the left is the honeydew melon and on the right is the strawberry plant.  I really hope these bear fruit, yummy!

On my way to my mani-pedi appointment, I'm sitting behind a red corvette.  For those of you who don't know, my real name is Nancy, shortened sometimes to Nan.  See the license plate (Nans Jet)?  How cool, lol.

 
 Since it doesn't seem to rain during the week, I've continued my daily walks at work.  The other day there were a flock of geese at the pond.  It is unusual to see geese at the pond.  We found out by talking to a man who takes his two dogs for a "run" around the (man made) pond to run off any geese to keep them from nesting at the pond.  The local office management folks have asked him to do this.  I had to crop this shot to see them, they were on the other side of the pond.
 
 
 
The flowers around our office complex have been replaced - again.  I wonder what they spend on landscaping annually?  I love purple and yellow!
 
 
 This is what I thought was just some long pretty grass.  However, as we progress into summer, it has grown beautiful white tops and stands about 15 inches high.
 
 
I love summertime, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!  Summertime (like Christmas) doesn't last long enough for me.  Happy Summer!




2 comments:

HappyK said...

You'll get noticed wearing that color!! : )
Nice car!!
Plants look like they have a good start.

Retired Knitter said...

WEll, we are entering my least favorite season! :-)

Oh well, in truth, I am happy to have all 4 seasons ... I would hate to live somewhere that didn't have these major seasonal changes.