It has been a fun filled weekend of projects around my house. So, I had to find my Happy Place first. On Thursday, I went for a manicure and pedicure, it is so relaxing!
I asked for a design on each ring finger. The male(!) manicurist I go to free-hands the design, he has incredible talent.
After leaving my Happy Place, it was time to discuss and tackle the weekend projects. I've asked John to install those pull out drawers in the lower cabinets in the kitchen. Since my knee surgery, it has become more difficult for me to kneel down and try and pull out pots and pans. The opposite lower cabinet I have chips, lunch snacks, odds and ends stored. The product is Rev-A-Shelf. John did a great job, it took him about ninety minutes on Saturday afternoon.
The Before
The During
The Finish Line
Everything fits perfectly. Honestly, I really have more space. So much easier just to pull the drawer out than get down on my knees and dig for what I want by pulling half of the stuff out and putting everything back when I find it. Check, project done.
Next project is the garden. We've been waiting for Mother Nature to cooperate to plant our garden. It has been cold most of May. We're late, but better than never as they say. Saturday and Sunday were sunny and cool with temps in the low 60s and very windy - winds about 25-30mph. Finally, today was promised to be the best day of the weekend. Off we went to get tomato plants and whatever else we discovered. Here's what we ended up with.
Blackberry and Strawberry plants
Now, for the planting, we had to re-till the garden as all the helicopter seedlings from the trees had fallen since last tilling in April (planting time had Mother Nature cooperated).
John is smoothing out the dirt from the seeds planted in the front empty area.
Taadaa!! The finished product, all the tomato plants, the corn, cucumber and melon plants!
Due to lack of garden space, the blueberry plant went in the planter.
The strawberry plant was placed at the end of the garden.
The birds are use to having their restaurant behind my house open in April. They've been wondering if we shut it down. No fear, it is now open!
Look, here's the first customer!
I've had to pinky swear I will water these EVERY DAY (that it isn't raining)!
Check, all projects done. With all projects completed, it was time to break out the grill on this Memorial Day 2013. Unfortunately, good 'ol Mother Nature had other plans. It began to sprinkle, there was rain on the radar. No grilling out today. Food will keep a few days, maybe later this week. Hope your Memorial Day weekend was enjoyable!
Coming this week...a new roof, here's a sneak peek!
















3 comments:
I have some of those pull out shelves and love them too. So much easier to see what there!!
Hey, I love that storage unit for the pots and pans. I have the same problem. I hate that area of my kitchen.
Thank you for that link...gathering ideas for a kitchen project
Post a Comment