Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lookin' Good

Hallelujah!!!  We have orange-ish tomatoes!!  It looks like the small ones are turning first.  If the smaller ones turn first, they will be easier to consume, as there are more smaller (cherry) tomatoes than the larger size (actually medium) tomatoes we planted.  Ain't they purdy?

 
I also found more corn beginnings.  Thanks Happyone for your input on the corn (and thanks for the smile too :)    John agrees with you.  Hopefully, we'll get a little crop this year out of this experiment.


Peeled back a leaf and discovered the beginning of corn on another stalk also.  Yes, I'm still smiling at these little pleasures Mother Nature has given me.


Out of the four stalks of corn, three have these corn seedlings.  Maybe corn by end of next month?

4 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

Growing vegs can be such fun. Long ago (over 20 years) we had a small veg plot that we rented in our town. It was part of a community of plots. I was really no good at growing stuff, but I really enjoyed seeing others gardens. Having a plot of land close to the house would be ideal but we are in a town house and we have very deliberately covered everything with brick or mulch.

Maybe in my next life ...

HappyK said...

Yes, it was hot but I don't really mind it all that much. I guess because wherever I am it is air conditioned.

I'd be careful with the pills. Just saying.....

Vee said...

I hardly watched, but my grandson went into a minor decline when the Olympics ended. He really misses watching them.

Vee said...

Oh that bottle of raspberry ketones sounds very intriguing.