Today is the first day of my first blog. I have been following other bloggers and find ease and contentment in reading other blogs. Maybe my blog will offer some solice as well.
I suppose I should start by introducing myself. I was born on the island of Newfoundland in Canada. People from Newfoundland are known as Newfies. This became a nickname over the years for me. My disposition is usually happy and smiling, sometimes the prankster, often silly. People referred to me at the goofy newfie. I decided to change the phonetics of Newfie to Noofy, which brought the question "what is a Noofy?", now you know.
I travelled alot in my youth, my father was in the military. We only travelled on the North American continent, never overseas, my mother didn't like to fly. I have inherited her trait (or tension?). My parents have both passed on now. I lost my only sister to Cancer in 2002, she was only 36 years old, I miss her daily. I have a brother who is married with twin daughters, my only nieces. I am married to a wonderful man, we do not have children. I want to adopt a dog from the animal shelter. Husband is allergic and does not want the headaches that accompany the care of an animal. I'm working on him.
Most of the bloggers I follow discuss their daily routines and/or experiences. My duty today consisted of getting laundry done, which was completed (yay! :) We are under a high wind warning. I am concerned as I look out my window I see the trees bending with the wind. My wind chimes are singing as the wind continues to blow harder. The last (and I hope final) snow we had was a wet, heavy snow. It caused branches to break and drop from the trees, although not to the ground just stuck in other branches. Our house backs to the woods and the power lines in our older community are behind our house at our property line running parallel to the street. It is highly possible that the lose/broken branches or any weak trees can fall on the power lines to cause an outage, I hope not.
Not a very exciting day, each day is different, just a view through my window.
1 comment:
I noticed you following my blog so thought I'd come over and say hi. :-) Welcome to blogging. It will be great being able to read your blog right from its start.
I look forward to hearing about your days.
Post a Comment