Spring continues in our area, so does the pollen. I can hear those of us with allergies at work sneezing, nose blowing and coughing. If it wasn't allergy season, I would think it was flu season at our office. Here's some shots I took along my walk around the office complex this week. The pink trees gorgeous!
They've put some chicken wire around the freshly planted pansies. I don't think you can see the wire in this picture.
Sad to see the blooms fall from the trees, they're all over the ground.
Friday night, I'm watching TV in the kitchen and my patio window is to my right, I see patio and the backyard. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move. I quickly grabbed my camera. My apologies, these shots are a little blurry, but I think you can make them out - we had a rabbit visit. It's been a few years. The last rabbit that was here was before the two back-to-back rough winters of 2009 and 2010 we had. I thought they may have passed on. Maybe rabbits hibernate, I don't know. This may be a relative or even a new rabbit. It doesn't matter, I'm thrilled to have a rabbit back in the yard.
Pretty cool, huh? I love rabbits, but you know that - they're everywhere (fake ones) in my yard. See the (fake) one holding a carrot poking out of the planter in the picture above?
Obviously, its been a great week weather wise to be out walking. Temps have been in the mid to upper 60s during the day (we had a day or two at 70+) and upper 40s to lower 50s at night, perfect in my opinion. When we head into the 90s during the day and 80s at night that gets a bit warm and sticky for me.
As you know, I keep my camera handy as often as possible (that I think of it anyway :). While waiting at a stoplight on the way home from work, I see this father-son bicycling, waiting to cross. Can you tell me what is wrong with this?
Did you notice the father had the helmet and the son didn't? I wonder if the son refused to wear one. Why would the father be the model of safety while the son wears no protection? That said, back in the day, we didn't have knee pads and helmets while bike riding. Here's me at about age 5 or 6 years old with my first bike, yup, and training wheels too. No pads, no helmet.
Of course, every time I go shopping, there's something I forget to get. This time it was an item for the sink, a food catcher. I don't know what else to call it, it lets the water go through but stops the food. Hubby recently pulled a piece of plastic from the "broken" garbage disposal. It wasn't (thankfully) really broken after the piece of plastic was removed. Of course, the piece of plastic was probably from cleaning chicken or meat from the store that was wrapped in plastic! It's always something, right? So, I headed to Kmart Sunday afternoon in the sprinkling rain, yes The Big Red K! Kmart is so empty (on weekends anyway) compared to the Wal-Mart also close by. So what, I paid a quarter more (or whatever), I didn't have to fight the crowds! For me, that alone is worth the few extra cents I pay. Armed with a list, I got everything on my list.
I had something funny happen yesterday. I think I'll share it in the next blog, this one is getting rather long already. Worth the wait, believe me, it will have you, well - at least giggling. It doesn't have an ending yet, so in the next post, hopefully I can tell you how it turns out. Hubby thinks it's hilarious, stay tuned!
My favorite season - Spring, continues springing. As I mentioned, it is coming into almost full bloom. This shot is the entryway of my front porch from the driveway. Azaleas are certainly popping!
It is overcast and in the 60s today with rain sporadic today (Sunday). Pulling in our driveway, I noticed how green the grass is after today's showers and the flowers in bloom. Everything looks so pretty, it's all good in my world, wishing the same for yours.













.jpg)
2 comments:
Spring sure is a pretty time of year.
Your yard looks so pretty, neat and tidy.
I love the look of spring but I suffer with allergies. In fact, a week or so ago we turned the air on for a few hours and I could feel my sinuses clearing up. I felt great until later we opened the windows.
Post a Comment