I took the first photo below from the front yard. John said the view from the back yard was clear and it was! Although, there was no way of keeping the trees out of the picture. Another 29 years until the Super Moon visits again. I doubt I'll be around. I'm glad I got to see this time, even with the clouds.
As they say "no news is good news", so I guess I've got good news. Job is still going well. There is a lull once in awhile. I seek out others to help when the lull hits. I hate being bored and listening to the minutes tick away. You know how it goes, ten minutes can seem like an hour.
I continue to watch what I'm eating and the portions sizes. Admittedly, I treated myself to a cheeseburger last Friday from Wendy's on the way home. I haven't had a cheeseburger since our cookout last Mother's day with John's family. I savored every bite, delicious. I'm learning to stop trying to diet, it doesn't work, I yo-yo up and down. Better to make a lifestyle change and allow treats once in awhile, which isn't cheating, as it would be considered on a diet, as long as I don't abuse the treats. This allows me to feel that I am not denying myself. It will probably be the last cheeseburger I will have for awhile. I have stopped journaling my meals. I know what a portion size is, I've been measuring them for awhile now. I continue to wear my pedometer daily and record my steps daily. I enjoy tracking my progress, especially with the additional walking at work three times a week.
At work, May is Get Healthy month. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays there is a 20-30 minute walk around the neighborhood for anyone wants to join. I brought my tennis shoes on Friday all ready to go, then the heavens opened up with rain bringing with it thunder and lightening. Instead, participants walked the indoor perimeter of the fifth and sixth floors. Some also took the stairs twice up and down between the floors. I skipped the stairs. I haven't been able to navigate stairs very well since my knee surgery. I'm okay with that, I'm grateful I can walk. Each participant gets a ticket when they show up for the walk. At the end of the month there will be a drawing for an undisclosed prize. The more tickets one has, the better the chance of winning. For me, it's fun to participate and get outside for a little exercise with the warmer weather here, the prize is a bonus. I hope our temps remain in the 70s throughout May. One note, walk participants forego the 30 minute allotted "lunch time" for the walk. Employees who participated in the walk eat at their desk after the walk and continue working.
I'm loving the warmer weather is finally getting here. I'm back to eating salads as a regular nightly meal after working out on the elliptical when I get home. I know, I go a little overboard on the cherry tomatoes, love 'em!
I took a stroll around the backyard the other day and put down more deer repellent and some treatment to keep the bugs off the hostas. Those bugs can eat holes in the hostas in no time, making their leaves look like Swiss cheese. I think the hosta the deer got to is beginning to bounce back or maybe just growing a little larger masking the chomped leaves?
Not sure if the repellent is working, maybe it is. These two stayed in the woods and didn't come onto our lawn. Of course, they could see me standing on the back deck camera in hand pointed at them.
The Rhododendrons in the front of the house are in full bloom. I wish they'd stay like this all year, their color is breathtaking. I planted one in the back yard which blossomed last year, sadly not this year.
Prince Harry will be in






4 comments:
Hi Noofie
Just recovering from a super huge festival weekend for me. Lots of family and crafting and got to the festival twice. It was great fun, but I am tired. My cousin goes back to PA this morning and then I head out to see mom. This afternoon I will probably crash - but hopefully I can get stuff cleaned up and back to nrmal and maybe fit in a walk. I miss it since I stopped back in April. Cold is gone so I guess it is time to start hoof'en it again. Glad you are still walking. I'll get back to Walker Tracker too. See you out there.
Happy to hear that all goes well with you.
Didn't see the moon - all clouds here!
Noticed you had Kens salad dressing. I love the raspberry walnut and it is one I eat often. : )
The rhododendrons are beautiful!!
Hi Nancy
I see you are sticking to your walking routine and good eating habits. I am so impressed. I am really happy to hear that you are working and that they think you are fantastic !!!! GO Nancy.
Pam
Oh and I've always thought one of those awnings would be just the thing. Thank you for letting me know that maybe not. So happy that your work is appreciated and I hope that they keep you until you no longer wish to be there. Doesn't sound as if you're eager to go anywhere. The walking group sounds like fun. Can you talk and walk at the same time? (I can't.)
All the best with the food modifications. Carbs do me in, too.
Post a Comment